Sunday, September 11, 2016

Favorites, September 2016


Reading: There is a scene in the movie that made me want to read to the book.  It finally became available at the library and I looooooove it!!!  I can't wait to get in the car for a drive so I can indulge (I listen via library or audible.com).  I am really enjoying the pace, the characters are so well detailed, you feel like you know how them.  I can't believe the author is a man, he writes the lead character (a woman) so well!  

This book is a great reminder about simpler times, honor, character, integrity, and my fave, love. 


Watching: These dorks, Scrubs is on Netflix and I am enjoying it.  The cast just clicks.  My husband and Turk have so many goofy similarities.  I know it's fiction but I'm working my way through the entire series, 9 seasons, it's my twenty minutes of humor before bed. Highly recommend.  


Celebrating: We celebrated my cousins 50th this weekend.  How do you celebrate 50 years?  In our family, it's with food (and flowers, birthdays call for flowers!!!) always food.  So Saturday was all about blue crabs, dungeneoness crabs, fried fish, jerk chicken, red potatoes, corn, broccoli, and a few dranks.   Oh and flowers, if you're the biRthDay gUrl.


Addictions: So, I have a confession, ha...I am slightly addicted to ebay perfume samples.  Fragrances are pricey.  And I'm a light sprayer so they last me quite a while - enter eBay samples, they have been BOMB - I get variety without the commitment or price tag.  So far, I've tried:
Prada Candy Kiss, 5 for $13 - delicate and sweet without being sugar sweet.
Jo Malone, Blackberry & Bay, $6 - Sensual, notes of musk, no bueno for me  
Jo Malone, Nectarine Blossom & Honey, $6 - Crisp, light, I am loving this one, LOVE

Buying: Once again I'm on the hunt for shoes.  I'm finally ready to commit to the price tag and what happens, I can't find my size - anywhere, grrrr.  I'll get you my pretties!!

For the House: I ordered this rug from PB, it was on sale.  Our current rug is from RugsUSA, I love it, but man does it shed.  I'm planning to move that one in our bedroom and use the PB rug in the family room.  Fingers crossed, they ordered it to the store to save me on shipping and delivery surcharges, but it could take up to a month.  

That about sums up this neck of the woods.   Although I am enjoying the cooler nights, I am still holding onto Summer, put away the pumpkin spice - I'm looking at you Starbucks. 
SaveSave
SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. This flat sandal is what I am looking for. The style and looks. So cool. We have a friend gathering at the beach and I think this sandal will math my funny sports t shirts. Thanks here.

    ReplyDelete