Thursday, January 29, 2015

Movie: American Sniper

It’s awards season, what what!  Except, I don’t watch the awards, haha..  Too many commercials, too many speeches, just not my thang.  However, I do yahoo the gowns and award winners the morning after, the quick and dirty, that’s how I roll. 

This year, American Sniper is getting a lot of buzz and while, I normally do not see war movies, with all the hype, I had a growing interest to see American Sniper.  So I did.

American Sniper stars 

Bradley, I forgive you for The Hangover 2 cause you really shine in this role.  You all don’t know this but I walked out on the Hangover 2, it was that bad.

Ok back to American Sniper, I won’t say anything about the storyline because I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who plans on seeing it in the theatre. Just a quick note about my experience.  I went in blindly, with only having seen the trailers, and I think that’s the way to go, with an open mind.  Bradley Cooper does a phenomenal job as Chris Kyle, his performance reminds me of Jamie Foxx as Ray Charles, very convincing.  I was so drawn in by Cooper’s portrayal of Kyle that the character started to feel familiar to me.  Needless to say, I really enjoyed the film.

So far this year, my movie choices have been heavy, my next flick has to be lighter, a comedy perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment