Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 2015

A room a month, that’s what I’m shooting for in 2015.  I’m not talking top to bottom perfection, at this point I’m hopeful for clean, welcoming & guest friendly.  And what better than the first room you see when you walk in the door. 

Front Room

Yep, there she is circa June 2012.

Nov2014

Front Window

And again, in November 2014.  Not quite finished, but better.

On Sunday, I realized I was framing the room around a $20 Goodwill find, the TV cabinet. While I love the wood in the room, I’m just not married to it, at all.  With that cabinet out of the equation, I have nothing but opportunity.  So with the divorce papers still wet, I taped out two bookshelf options. 

K v B

Good ol’ IKEA Billy (yellow) vs IKEA Kallax (blue).  Kallax is the old Expedit, it’s been redesigned a pinch. 

Our wall is about 10 feet long so we can fit three of each design and still leave about a foot on each side.  I spent some time putzin around on Pinterest looking over IKEA hacks and figured for the low startup cost, combined with possible resale value (if i hate it), it was worth a shot.

I will be back soon with all my favorite Billy and Kallax Ikea Hacks.  But for now, we are leaning towards…. can you guess?

1 comment:

  1. I love that little gray chair. So cute. I am sure whatever you pick will look lovely.

    ReplyDelete