Tuesday, November 11, 2014

If you give a mouse a cookie….

Safavieh club chair

I purchased this chair last Monday.  And I immediately starting getting ads on my sidebar for better chairs.  Specifically this one.  My thinking was the darker chair would be more open and comfy, and would allow for longer sit times.

tufted linen

Of course, I tried to cancel the Safavieh but it was too late, the chair delivery was already in process.  It arrived on Friday. 

And guess what, I really do love it.  It arrived in one box and all I had to do was screw in the feet.  Best of all, it was just the inspiration I needed to kick my daughter’s playroom out of our living room.  The living room is the first room you see when you walk in our house and for the last 9 years it has never been welcoming or pretty.

I worked on it some over the weekend and just purging the kid-size air hockey set, card table and doll stroller have added a new energy to the room.  I’m still mulling over what I want for the final look and feel, but it’s motivating to just have it clean.  Oh, the power of clean!

The cleaned up living room has had a ripple effect on other areas, I can’t explain it.  I have a few before and after pictures to share that I snapped quick when I realized what a mess I had on my hands.  It’s nothing life changing but it is what’s going on in my neck of the woods.

 

2 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous chair! I like the legs much better than on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first chair better, too. It's beautiful. To me, the nail head trim makes it more sophisticated. Enjoy the rest of your weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete