Tuesday, October 7, 2014

TV Armoire

Armoire

(I pixelated our friend Mike, it seemed like the right thing to do)

This first pic is from Circa 2008ish, my boys are so young.  Look at my house, so different, right?  Same sofa though.

I couldn’t find a full frontal picture but this is the armoire where our TV used to live, over on the right.  The armoire was a nice medium wood stain, not too dark, not too reddish.  It had two smaller shelf units on the sides.  One of those TV entertainment centers everybody had for tube tvs. 

At some point, I spray painted it black.  But eventually we donated the tube TV and upgraded to something that used less space.

We moved the armoire to the front of the house in the living room, outta sight outta mind, and there it sat.

I tried to sell it on craigslist.  No luck.  So many reasons why I suppose, one of the bottom doors was broken?  It’s old school? It’s not easy to pick up and take away?  Everyone’s trying to get rid of one? 

Armoire now

One day, I decided to try and use it around the house.

I switched it with a smaller armoire that was already in the dining room, bought baskets from Target and here she sits. 

Armoire Games 

Recently we added a shelf so I could get even more storage.  It keeps all the family games, playing cards and crafts accessible.  The bottom baskets hold project supplies I’m working on or clutter I just want to hide quick. 

It’s not a forever spot but for now it’s working. 

I quick looked on pinterest and my most favorite armoire reuse would be as a bar, now why didn’t I think of that!

1 comment:

  1. Using your armoire for storage is a great idea. I clicked on that link and I am really loving that bar. I have an armoire that used to be the focal point in my living room, too. Mt tv was in there, the radio, vcr and a ton of vhs tapes. When we got a bigger tv, we ended up moving it to my bedroom. I'm always trying to think of ways to bring its sexy back, too... :)

    ReplyDelete