Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Talking fashion, what’s your style?

your style

Boho, Chic, Couture, Bold, Sporty, Glam, Preppy, Goth, Earthy, Urban, Classic, Vintage?

I could never name them all.  There are so many different fashion styles because there are so many different types of people.

Over the past few years, I have added some style blogs to my reader.  They have been really helpful in helping me to discern my own style as well as what is not my style.  Blogs have actually helped me in the same way with decorating my home.

Last week, I read an ebook titled, The No Brainer Wardrobe, (there is also a free 30 day series on her  blog).  It was a good (and easy) read, 30-45 minutes tops. The ebook is not about adopting her style, but more about understanding your own shopping, styling habits and how to do better.  I thought she made some excellent points, that helped me access my wardrobe and save a few bucks.  Here are two:

- Have a "go to" outfit for days when you don't have time/energy to put something new together.  Cause when you look good, you feel good, right?

- Create your own look book. For the first time (ever?) I tried on stuff this weekend in different combinations to see what worked together and what didn't.  This was very helpful, I ended up returning $80 bucks in unworn tops that didn't really work like I had intended.  Right there, I saw my return on the investment. 

That was the biggest success for me, changing my thinking and making sure my clothes could do double duty, and not just perform as one trick ponies.  I definitely recommend it and if you are interested in a style blog that helps you remix your wardrobe check out Audrey at Putting Me Together

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea what my style is. It's funny, but I never thought about it before. Unless I'm going to work or church, I pretty much wear what's comfortable. I'll have to check out that ebook. There may be hope for me yet... :)

    ReplyDelete