Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Simple enough

 

I saw this curtain panel in a recent West Elm catalog and it was a simple enough pattern for me to try.  So once they offered free shipping, it went in the cart. 

My original measurements were too short by about an inch, womp womp.

West Elm dots

Sure, I could have removed the hem or maybe used bigger ring clips, but I know me and the best thing was to just buy them longer. 

So, off we went to the closest store, a good 40+ miles away.  The only good thing about having to drive to the nearest store was the in-store discounts.  (I do like to see design setups in the store also)  While in the store, I noticed another panel I had my eye on, in-stock and on sale for 1/2 off the online price.  What! What!  So, I saved $75 ($25 per panel), but to keep it real, I spent another $75, I didn’t originally intend on spending.

Westelm chevron

Because I left there spending more money than I planned.  I wanted to make an effort to get the curtains up as quickly as possible.

I ran the math, they were purchased Aug 2nd, and the photo below was taken August 24th.  So 22 days, not bad but not great either.

Curtains finally (edited)

So one beautiful August Sunday, I used the kitchen stools and a piece of  MDG as a make-shift ironing board and hemmed the curtains, YHL style

They are pretty thick like drop cloth, but more off-white in color.  I have to say, they add just the right amount of flair for this non-print loving girl. 

The chevron ones though, siiiigh, sometimes I love them, sometimes, I don’t.  They are in the bedroom which is still so very incomplete so time will tell.

Any other non-print loving friends out there.  I don’t know what it is, I just can’t commit. 

 

3 comments:

  1. 40 miles away can be a good thing, imagine how much more money you'd spend if they were closer. I love West Elm. The curtains you chose compliment your room nicely. I need to hem my curtains, but I'm kinda liking the way they puddle on the floor for a more traditional look. (A.K.A.- I'm too lazy to hem them. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pretty pattern on the curtains you chose and don't you just love catching a good sale? I also love how you decorated your living room. I'm in the process of redoing my living room, too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee, I am addicted to sales, but getting better :) I am excited to see how your room turns out, I'm gonna add you to my blog roll.

    ReplyDelete