Thursday, April 24, 2014

Mom Momma Mommy Mom

I’m already thinking about Mother’s Day.  Not that I expect anything special, I just like to have gift ideas ready, ya know, just in case anyone cares to ask.

Since it’s been on my mind, I quick wrote down some gift ideas and prettied them up in Polyvore.

A few of my favorite things for the big spender.spendersTarget: I’ll take a giftcard and some alone time to cruise the aisles, suuure.

Tervis cup: I use mine everyday, it’s good for hot & cold beverages.  And it’s eco-friendly.

iphone: My iphone will be 3 years old this June, that’s dinosaur age in technology. 

Movie tickets: I love a good movie, perfect distraction from life.

Hand-stamped bling:  Especially if it says Awesome!

Toms: I really like their One for One philosophy.  Cute shoes and giving back, who can say no? 

But of course, Mother’s Day isn’t about spending money and consuming.  Here are some of my favorite freebies that I welcome Mother’s Day or any day for that matter.

freebiesHomemade Coupons: Good for quiet time, pillow fluffing, yardwork, tidying, skies the limit.  Any of the above would make this momma happy.

Vacuum-A-Room: No, not a Dyson, just one less chore for Mom.  I’ll take it. 

Warm Foot rub:  Bubbly foot bath with a gentle rub while I catch up on my TiVo.  Sold.

Handmade card: Remember those from when the kiddos were in Elementary school, jacked up magazine cuttings, misspellings and all.   

Scalp massage:  Yes Calgon, take me away.

Cup of Coffee/Tea: A warm cup in bed made by you, bring.it.on. 

Did I miss anything? 

Moms, I’m curious - what would make your day special? 

Not a Mom, what would your Mom like? Tell me in the comments about one spendy gift and one freebie. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey there! Yes, I'm still alive glad to see you're back! Life I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The comments are not coming to my email. Life is something.

      Delete
  2. My mother and I are Kindle/Amazon lovers. I bought her the new Paperwhite and she adores it.

    As a cheapie gift I would've gone with a car wash and detail. Her ride is always dirty. (Don't tel her I said that 0_o )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok that was hilarious!!! Very sweet gift, the Paperwhite. But I am too cheap to pay for detailing, I break out the vacuum and get busy. Hook her up :)

      Delete