Thursday, April 10, 2014

Listen Lenda Honey

The longer days are busting out the energy.  Here’s what I’ve been up to.

Phase 1

IKEA Lenda curtains had been in the dining room forever. 

Then someone invented Pinterest and I had to have the ribbon trim style.  A coupon from Hobby Lobby and Boom.

Phase 2

Thing is, I used the iron on bonding and that made the curtains stiff with the ribbon on the bottom.  Not so cute.  So I washed the ribbon off over Christmas break to preserve the curtains and the ribbon.

Phase 3

Dried them too.  No bueno.  They were floods until Spring.  Sad.

Phase 5

Here they are tonight. 

I hung, pinned and hemmed them one Sunday afternoon in less than 2 hours.  Could’ve been much faster but I adhered the wrong two sides the first time.  Classic Tiffany moving too fast.  I just tugged it apart and reapplied the stichwitch.  I prefer the IKEA brand so I keep it on hand. 

P3300906

Yes, they are a little long but I prefer that over too short.  I am hopeful to add this black trim as soon as I have some time to comparison shop for tassel pricing. 

In the meantime, watch young Mateo on his quest for cupcakes against Mom Linda.  I thought it was honest fun. 

Are you doing anything fun for Spring.  I am PUMPED to clean house and enjoy the outdoors.  PUMPED, yo.

2 comments:

  1. The ribbon is a nice touch. I have a couple of pairs of curtains that need hemming too. I've been putting it off pretending that I like them that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So odd, I never received this comment in my email. The ribbons do look good here in the pictures.

      Delete