Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What a weekend!

 photo
Nephew, Sister, Son
My oldest son turns 17 today, siiiiiiigh, it’s bittersweet. (I wrote this yesterday and had to keep change the wording today/tomorrow.  I felt that if I pushed publish before his bday, it might not happen.  Is it humility? Superstition? or am I just a goofball.)
For our bunch February/March is Birthday Season, between me and my sisters, our family has 5 birthdays in two weeks.  We finally got wise and made it a one weekend deal.  I even suggested going out for FroYo tonight instead of having more cake.  
I am having a hard time with this birthday, I am so proud, humbled and thankful.  And yet I am still anxious, worried and concerned.  My own Dad was very eager for my 40th birthday last year, I think I understand now.  As a parent the concern never turns off, like ever.
etsy button
So yes, I’m a little unsettled today, but I wouldn’t change a thing.  In fact, I think I deserve this little button found on etsy, I actually think it’d be even cuter if the Hubbs was wearing it.







2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your son. My daughter will be 17 in December. I'll probably have a full head of gray by then!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to have a lovely family!. With the way the world is today, and some of the choices or lack thereof that the young men and women are making. To have your children grow, and be are able to be a part of their growth process. Enjoy everybit of it! my oldest will be turning 16 this month. While my other 4 are following right behind her. I am nothing less than grateful, I am allowed to be a part of it all.

    So Welcome, the worry, concern, and being a bit anxious, it's what we do. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete