Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The weekend with 50+ degrees in early March

IMG_2588[1]
When we went to Florida back in January, the online travel agency (Orbitz, I think) offered priced matching.  And wouldn’t you know,  our flights went on sale (after our purchase) so we had a generous hotel credit.  Since we were nervous they’d take it all back any day, we drove up to visit New York City to blow the wad.
I have one word for NYC – diverse.  And that’s a good thing, in my opinion.  Because the kids in our family run in ages from 6 to 17 (gulp) we fit right in. 
IMG_2571[1]
We tried to do something for all, we ended up doing a lil’ Brooklyn Basketball and a lil’ bit Night at the Museum (Museum of Natural history) and a teeny bit Central Park.

IMG_2578[1]
Yours truly figured out the subway system, thank.you.very.much, eyes rolling, head shaking, and two snaps up, let’s hear it for the girls!  The whole train ledge thing completely freaked Kya out though, except for the lady who brought along her lap dog on the train, she liked that part.
I was being lazy again and refused to look “touristy” with the DSLR, so all I have are iphone pics to share. 
IMG_2590[1]
I’m pretty sure this is a phone system with direct access to police and fire.  Doesn’t it have an old school charm about it?  Can you see the grainy texture from years of touching up paint?  HOMAGE graffiti sticker, so NYC, yes?  Well, I’d never seen one before so I quick snapped this pic before we skedaddled on home.  I still love it.  I didn’t have the nerve to test it so we’ll just have to assume that it works just fine.
IMG_2591[1]
We got home early enough for me to fill the car and purge, purge & mo’ purge.  
And that’s my weekend in a nutshell.  How was yours?
P.S.  In my purge against all things excess, I quit reading blogs at work so I could focus on…work.  I’m waaaay behind in my reader but I’m all caught up at work, imagine that!

2 comments:

  1. Nice family trip! My husband is from NY. NY has so many things to do. As very busy place. And a great place to visit. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Take care.

    Zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Singing, "I love New York"! So glad you guys had an awesome time. I miss living in NJ when trips to NYC were just a bus ride away.

    ReplyDelete