Thursday, January 24, 2013

The time where we did Disney in January.




We've been hanging out with the Mouse and his peeps down in Orlando.

I didn't take my camera, I just didn't want that job.

In hindsight, I should have borrowed a smaller one to take some good shots.  (But my idea of a vacation is no worries and I would have fretted about losing or damaging someone else's camera.)



Here are my hits and misses:

- Disney is the master of eyecandy, for sure.
- I can not imagine changing diapers there among everything else.  Wait until they kids are potty trained at least - older if you can.
- Use the free perks (buses, monorails, parades, showtimes), etc. 
- It was the 3rd time for my boys (ages 13.5 & 16.5) yet they enjoyed it far more than Kya (age 6).  That really surprised me, I expected it the other way around.
- I didn't have a plan intentionally, but in hindsight I probably should have scheduled something princessy for Kya.
- Yessss, to Disney coasters.
- Yes to SeaWorld shows. 
- Download the waittimes app
- Flats, flats, flats, don't even think about your favorite wedges or heels.  
- Choose to either open the park or close it, not both.  
- Travel light.  "No bags lanes" get you in faster.  Staying onsite does too.
- Change your cast if you can, ex. one day it was me & the kids another it was me, Haik and Kya.  
- Grab a map at each park (can't believe this part wasn't paperless)
- We stayed about 7-10 miles out of Disney and even a nervous driver like me found it simple to navigate, with my friend Garmin of course.
- Disney bathrooms, casts and crews get 5 stars from me.  
- You are always 5-10 steps away from assistance.  All the parks were fully staffed at each interval. 
- Average was $10 for lunch meals (tenders/sandwich and fries), $5 snacks (popcorn, cotton candy, etc).  
- This was my 2nd time and I enjoyed it far more this time for sure.  I'd say it's because I participated (less worrying) and my kids were older.

Quick backstory: Upon arrival in the airport I walked alongside a family with a child who was getting over being sick.  That set the stage for my entire trip, helped me with a more positive perspective.

Anyone else have Disney plans in their near future? how about Hawaii, that's ones been on my wish list for a looooooong time.

No comments:

Post a Comment