Saturday, December 22, 2012

Crashed.

PC194789
PC204800
PC204802
PC204803
PC204804
PC214805
PC214806
We started making these for Kya teachers Holiday gifts Wednesday nite.
By Thursday, Kya was kinda bored with it but I tunneled through, found something small to add on that wasn’t edible and wrapped them up to go.
I tagged up some Mentos gum (with this free printable) for my coworkers and we were all set to fill some lives with cheer on our last day of work before Christmas break.  Mine went off without a hitch.  Kya, not so much, she forgot all of her gifts.  1-2-3-4-5, all of them.
On top of that, since Friday was Pajama day at school, she finagled Dad into letting her wear different jammies (they were floods) than what I’d left for her to wear.  And all she wanted to talk about on the 5 minute ride home from daycare was, “Is it the weekend, can I watch TV?”
When I came home and saw the gifts on the island after witnessing the too short jammies, I just crashed.  I was so heartbroken.  ALL MY WORK – MOOT.  I couldn’t find the words, but I was not happy, it was not good.  It was a rough week, jacked up report cards, hurt babies, it was a rough week. 
So, I went to bed to keep my attitude to myself.  I woke up around 7, better.  I realized it wasn’t intentional, and then I actually felt kinda thankful that Kya is ok with too short jammies.  Why should she care what other people think? 
I made it through the night, without yelling once and no hard feelings. (Full disclosure: I did have two glasses of wine gifted from a coworker)
Today I’m all set to make some new memories, with lots of delicious recipes from pinterest and the notorious P-Dub. 
I don’t know about you, but my attitude typically sets the tone around here and if Momma ain’t happy, nobodys happy.  So, here’s hoping you’re EnjOyiNg! the holiday spirit and minimizing the holiday stress.
   










No comments:

Post a Comment