Monday, September 24, 2012

God Never Blinks


I was a little ashamed to admit that over the Summer, I read 50 Shades of Grey. Simply, because when everybody's doing "it", I prefer not to.  

I think I was expecting some new version of a Harlequin Romance novel.  It peaked my interest one day at lunch, enough that I picked it up again and again.  My description would be chic lit with sex, but very Hollywood.  *Spoiler Alert*: Rich handsome guy meets small town girl, they have lots of sex.  The end.  

The one good thing that came of it, it got me reading again.  I'm already done with this book, and I'm 1/2 way through another.  And while I do enjoy reading, the Hubbs not so much.  

He had a rough Fall/Winter/Spring with his store closing.  But he is in a better place because of it.  He bought this book one night recently, and he's been reading one lesson each morning during his "alone" time and by the time I'm awake, he is all a chatter about it.  

I just want to suggest it if you're not a heavy reader but like a little light inspirational reading to start (or finish) the day.  I'm already thinking about it gifting it to few friends. 

Thanks for dropping in.

P.S. It was forty-eight degrees this morning, #whereartthouSummer?

No comments:

Post a Comment