Thursday, August 23, 2012

DIY 1st birthday gift :)

IMG_1873[1]

I saw this on pinterest and thought it would be cute to make one for a first birthday party this weekend.  We can’t make the party but I wanted to get baby a gift since:

a) I never followed through on a shower gift I’d intended.  Bought the stuff, never completed.

b) They have plans to hit Disney next month

I took to google, printed out the Mickey Ears and was ready to go.  Only my printed out image and letters were disproportionate to the little t-shirt. 

I wasn’t up to playing with font resizing and reprinting to get perfection.   My dear friends that would have only lead to yet another incomplete project.

So, I played around with the Mickey ears in different spots on the t-shirt…

IMG_1875[1]

IMG_1876[1]

and found that I liked this position.  I had some black fleece on-hand from yet another incomplete project, (but any soft black fabric would work).

I tried to machine sew it, but that turned out to be a hot mess since I wanted it to appear in the pocket and I’m a rookie with sewing curves on jersey.

Long story short, I hand sewed it in less than an hour and I love it :)  I’m gonna grab a cute board book to go with and call it done. 

This post link to more incompleted projects than completed ones. Ha!

I get a sweet rush giving gifts add in I enjoy making things with my hands.   It was a win-win for me.

How about you, do you get a rush giving gifts?  Or do prefer to receive them? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment