Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Aww shucks.

Pinterest strikes, again. 

I could be a pinterest tester, it’s my fav.

IMG_1680[1]

Cooking corn and eggs in the oven, who woulda thunk it?

Sure enough, it worked.

The eggs, were just ok.  I need to read and try again, I honestly thought it was a practical joke until I read a post saying how good they turned out. 

But the corn.  Ooooh, the corn.

IMG_1682[1]

The best part was the silks were much more manageable.  I am the one who doesn’t mind paying a little extra for the fresh corn already shucked because those little hairs (the silks) just annoy me.  Ugh!  However, after baking they seemed to group and come off so much easier, I’m talking Oven-to-table in less than one to two minutes each, now that’s what I’m talking ‘bout!!!

Also, might I recommend you AwShucks it.  My co-worker was raving about this recipe, so I googled it and gave it a try.  The original folks use their own blend of spices (Maria said it was cayenne), so I did an old bay/cayenne pepper mix (80/20), butter & parmesan.  It went 4 for 4 here, everyone who tried it - liked it!

And the fridge battle is still on.

IMG_1679[1]

Yep, a bunch of goobers.

And I am off to bed.  My oldest son had to work today (at our local amusement park), he gets off at MIDNITE.  That’s just crazy talk.  Chalana volunteered for pickup, I should prolly hide my wallet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment