Sunday, June 10, 2012

Makeover

Old Office

This is the our office/computer/xbox/craft room.  And for some reason, no matter how much I clean it up.  It’s always messy.  I’ve changed this room around, I dunno, 100x. 

It used to be just for using the computer and sewing, but recently the Xbox got moved here and with more traffic it’s now even meessier.  I fully appreciate that we are actually using the room.  As before I was annoyed about paying a mortgage on unused space, a room in a house should have use, imho.

Then last week I stumbled on this, and I’m making over the room, again. 

Those shelves used to go to our old entertainment system.  I painted them white and we’ve used them in here for a year or so.  But they seem to take up a lot of space. 

Stuff.  The room has begun to feel cluttered, too full. 

I enlisted some help and now the room looks like this.

P6102894

P6102895

This is only half the room.

P6102896

It’s hard to throw away the fabric scraps.

P6102898

P6102900

Mason and mayo jars to hold all the odds and ends of a never ending crafter.  I’ll tell you this, once you organize all your crap, you feel the need to buy less.

P6102899My VCR movie collection, can’t beat the price :) 

Haikeem is over it, I think he thinks I’m crazy.  But I know I’m not alone, tis not perfection I seek, I just want functionality with a little cleanliness. 

Is anyone else constantly tweaking?

No comments:

Post a Comment