Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mom, Momma, Mommy, Mama

P5132745

me and my momma, circa 1977, philly philly

I interviewed my kids last night, the answers are below, Kya (5), Khari (13) and Kadir (16) in that order.

What was the happiest day of your life:
Going to Birthday Parties, Being born,    Ummm. we forgot to come back to that one, oops.
If you could change one thing in the world, what would I be:
No Littering,    No more war,    Ugh, my monetary status
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be:
No answer,    Bigger feet,    Umm. My kindness
Name one thing you can't live without:   
Food,    Family,    Food/water
What's your favorite movie:   
Beauty and the Beast,    The Covenant,    The Dark Knight
What's your favorite cartoon character:   
Peppa Pig,    Ben (Ben10),    Dexter
What’s the worst thing about being 5, 13 or 16 years old:
I can't swim,    Bullies,     License, no car
Whats the best thing about being 5, 13 or 16 years old:
I can swim, with a floatie,    I feel more mature,    License
Tell me about a perfect day for you:   
I dunno,        A day when all candy is free,    Ugh, Good day at school. No nap needed afterwards, Good dinner.  Regular bed time.

P5132754

kya, 2007, la familia, 2000. I wanted a *NEW* family pic for mothers day. scheduling hasn’t work out yet.

Who are your best friends and why:   
Alice and Rowan. Cause they are nice and I like 'em.   
Isael, Kyle, Connor and Matt.  Cause they are nice, funny and not buttholes.   
Devin: for his coolness, Owen & Derek: cause they are funny, Marcus: cause he’s loyal
Job you'd like to have when you grow up:   
Doctor,   Professional basketball player,    A rich one
What does your mom always say:
Don’t pick your nose,   Stop talking in that weird voice,    Home skillet
What makes your mom happy?  
Presents & flowers,    When I’m good at home and at school,    When things are in order
What makes your mom sad?  
When people push her around   
When I’m in trouble or lying or making it even worse   
When things are not in order
How does your mom make you laugh?   
When she says funny things   
When she does something funny on accident,  like drops something   
Her and Kya’s private conversations
What was your mom like as a child:
I dunno Huh?
Very smart and educational   
Smart, caring, responsible
How old is your mom:    20,    39,    39
How tall is your mom:    Taller than me,    5'5'',    5'6''
What is your Mom's favorite thing to do:    
Sew – do something on her ipad,    Paint,    Eat sunflower seeds
What does your mom do when your not around
I dunno, Sew and watch TV, Paint
What is your Mom really good at?    Sewing,    Sewing,    Painting
What is your Mom really bad at?   
I dunno, making birds?
Being serious at serious times   
Nagging
What is your Mom's job?    
Making money,    She works at Company ----,    She works at Company ----
What is your Mom's favorite food?   
Mac n cheese,    Chinese,    sunflower seeds
If your Mom was a cartoon who would she be?   
A show that she likes, She'd have to be Jerry from Tom & Jerry,    Mrs Proud (from Proud Family)
How are you & your mom the same?
People think I look her   
We like to laugh a lot   
We appreciate good literature
How are you & your mom the different?   
I can't sew   
I like Kevin Hart and she don't   
Organization matters to mom
How do you know she loves you?   
I dunno, She buys me things and keeps me fed, I still get to live here don’t I.
What is your Mom's favorite place:    Target,    Evergreen Chinese,    Library

That was fun, cause I don’t even eat macncheese, but I couldn’t tell Kya that.  There were no wrong answers, I guess

I had no idea about motherhood when I was 23, none.   Then last weekend my nephews were over and my kids were really good hosts to their cousins, it felt good to see them being kind, caring and welcoming and not the normal fighting and arguing.  Being a mom is a tough job and some days I just want to be ALONE.  But I think they get what I’m trying to do here, and that’s more than I can say for my day job.

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment