Sunday, March 11, 2012

A little DIY…

I fully intended on taking better pictures of this weekends project, you know without my paint mess in the background. 

But we ended up running late to meet my family and this is all I gots…

P3102487

P3102478

I made another one for Kya’s friend’s birthday party today, I hope she liked it.  Her name had 6 characters and lots of letters with curves, a bit more difficult time consuming for me, but I worked it out and we were only 8 minutes late to the party. 

{Is time a problem for anyone else, I am working so hard at being on time!  8 minutes is actually pretty good compared to my 2011 timing. }

I copied the idea from this pennant here, so cute.  I had everything on hand, it’s a good scrap buster.  Alls I bought was the pom pom trim, which takes the adorable up a notch, imho.

While we went to ze partays (2 parties this weekend).  I had the boys pack the van and Haik drove it over….

P3102486

to GOODWILL of course, more stuff out.of.the.building!

P3102485

P3102484

P3102483

Of course, effective March 1 – they can no longer accept TV’s.  Just my luck.  Think I’ll put them on good ol’ Craigslist for free.  Think I’ll get any takers?

Did you know you have to pay for electronics recycling?  Stinks, but it must be done.  I still have to call for rates.  I would love to wait until they have one of those free days to turn stuff in, but I just need this stuff outta here.

I went down in the basement today and I still have a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.  It’s unbelievable, but we’ve been hoarding crap for some 18 years.  I just keep reminding myself that not even Rome was built in a day and I can do this.  Hells yea, I can.

That’s my weekend in a nutshell, kid parties.  I so wanted see a movie.  I so wanted some alone time.  It so didn’t happen.  But if I get to paint my chipped up nails, I’ll take that.

Next weekend I am volunteering for Voter Registration in the City of Allentown, are you registered? 

No comments:

Post a Comment