Friday, February 3, 2012

Pottery Barn Teen Hack






The other night I was looking through the Pottery Barn Teen magazine.  I saw this lamp and thought, hmmm. 

I knew we had some white fabric I could use and sure enough there were scraps from some Ikea curtains (a ribbon would work too).


After a few cuts, snip, snip, snip, a quick run through the sewing machine for ruffling and I was upstairs with the glue gun, ready for action. 


It’s also good way to cover up a dinged up shade, that was an added bonus.
Lights on.



Lights Off


Instead of a light bulb I went with a string of lights I scored after the Holiday season.  Beginning to end, it was maybe an hour, could have been less time if I figured out the ruffling business on the machine faster.  

But a little bit of girly for FREE, gotta love quick projects :)

Now to clean up this corner...


Aaah, my work is never done.  






No comments:

Post a Comment