Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday

It’s the beginning of Lent

It’s 40 days before Easter (not counting Sundays).  Many Catholics won’t eat meat on Fridays and/or make a sacrifice for the time leading up to Easter.  8 years of Catholic school talking.

P2192328

There was even a movie.  This year, I decided to give up clutter.  I got the idea to do this during Lent on the blogosphere.  Mostly, my clean up is related to my basement.  It’s sad.  Every time I clean it up, we filthify it again because nothing has a place it’s just a mess.

P2192319

P2192308

A bike for every child, sometimes 2 per kid.

P2192291

Where spray paint cans go to die? 

P2192297

Air mattress under the stairs, everyone has one, right?

I started cleaning this weekend with books and clothes and I’m hoping the energy doesn’t fade.  I felt the weight lift as I went to Goodwill.  Still a lot more to do…but I really want to walk down here and feel good about it and not depressed.

It’s all a part of my master plan, to Live Simply.  Easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment