Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Home Grown

photo 2

Mixing.  I mixed up some colors we had here.  Didn’t want to spend any money.

photo 3

Tested it on the walls, the dark grey got rejected (by the Hubbs) and the sage got rejected by me. 

photo 5

I ended up buying a gallon of white paint to tone done the grey, I really liked it, but it was just so dark.  More mixing.

PC282110

I gathered up all the paint around the house to do this. 

PC282111

The final result is a gray (grey) blue, almost slate but lighter.  Definitely not a normal shade for me, I’m all about lights and neutrals.  But I woke up today so HAPPY with it!  My favorite part is how it pops against all the other neutralness ‘round here. 

Today my boys are painting to help me out and to give the ol’ Wii a break.  I get to keep Kya entertained, wish me luck!

P.S. Last nite was the first time I EVER saw It’s a Wonderful Life, do I live under a rock?  Tell me there is someone else out there who’s never seen it, it’s dated 1946, sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment