Friday, November 25, 2011

ThankFULL

 

PB232042

We tried out homemade cranberry sauce this year, wasn’t a crowd favorite, although the Hubbs like it.

PB232050

There was some dry turkey, eyes roll.

PB242061

We used EVERY stick of butter shown.  For serious.

PB242063

I promised myself not to stress & show my Type A personality.

I didn’t make rolls from scratch.

I didn’t bake Haik’s birthday cake on Wednesday nite.

I didn’t prepare two vegetables for Turkey day.

I used to mentally judge people who bought store bought pies, but now I get it.  You do what you can and let the rest fall into place.

Everyone helped prepare our meal and was suprisingly happy to help.   

Hope your Thanksgiving was stress free and that you are still full of thanks and gratitude.

PB242062

Oh, the funny part.  I cleaned out the leftovers on Wednesday night.  I OVER used the garbage disposal (pasta, whole clementines) and clogged up the sink – on Thanksgiving EVE people! 

I hoped and wished and prayed that Haik could fix it with the plunger.  Nope.  I was a little grumpy about it, at first.  But then I forgave myself and went about having a thankfull day.  We washed dishes in the laundry room which in turn made me more thankful for basic stuff like indoor plumbing

Today, $40.81, and 20 mins later, it is repaired.  The salesman remembered the Hubbs from his last visit.  Smh and smiling, lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment