Thursday, November 3, 2011

Multi-tasking

It is not such a good idea all the time.

When you’re cooking dinner, sure, it’s kool cause you want the meal to be done at the same time.

But when you’re running a household.  No bueno.

PB032004

Exhibit 1: Wall art for my son’s room.  On my bedroom floor.

PB032005

Exhibit 2: Applique I started for my nephew who turned 2, yep, he already had his birthday…..2 weeks ago.  Plucks oneself on forehead.

PB032006

Exhibits 3 & 4:  Tissue poms I started for Kya’s room & an armoire from Kya’s room I want to sell on Craigslist but I don’t know where I put the original knobs for the photo (cause who buys anything without a photo?)

PB032008

Exhibit 6: Bedroom lamps I want to paint to have more Umph!

PB032009

Exhibit 7: Sweet, colorful family rules reminder I started, just 2 more phrases to go…you think I finished?

PB032011

Exhibit 8: Mirrors from around the house I moved on the mantle to make a grouping, the intention was to paint them all the same color.  The intention…incomplete AGAIN.

PB032014

Exhibit 9: The bathroom cabinet I started last weekend and ran out of paint.  Now it’s an incomplete hot mess.

Exhibit 10-100: Painting some rooms around the house, clearing out the basement, starting Kya’s Halloween costume (yep, I have the stuff but never started, Halloween has come and gone!), hitting the laundromat again, design Holiday gift certicates for the store, waaaaa waaaaa waaaaaa!!!

I feel like I need a vacation from it all, but it will all still be right here, waiting. How does the list get so dang long! 

I finally learned how to slow down on purchases but now that addiction has turned into a project addiction.

I somehow landed on this blog post today, and I felt like it was speaking to me.  I need to clear out some of the clutter in my mind so I can get something finished and feel like I am accomplishing something.

My car is bad too, I’m surrounding by clutter, and it’s all my fault.

Did you ever hear this quote from Mark Twain:  "The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex, overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one."

I’m starting a list today and it’s SOOOOO on!

P.S. My PC is running exxxtra slow, if you know of a quick easy FREE fixer upper, wouldya let me know, please:) Thanks.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment