Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My home style

I keep a folder on my work & home PC called inspiration.

 

Whenever I see a photo of something I like, I save it to the folder.  (I know you can use pinterest to do this, but I haven’t taken the time to figure that all the way out just yet)

 

clip_image002

This one I liked the simplicity of the night stand, plant, lamp, clock. 

 

clip_image003

 image

 

Easy bathroom wall art.  Regular paper, frame, fabric for mat, simple, call it done.

 

clip_image005

 

Reminded me of the color I painted my bedroom.

 

clip_image006

Those pretty yellow flowers just popped.  But so gonna pass on the lady over fireplace.

 

Do you notice my pattern:  gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray, white, taupe, cream, gray.

 

I’m am just drawn to these colors. 

 

In my own head, I though BOOOORING, yawn.   But then I realized that these boooring colors are actually a style, cottage style, Restoration Hardware, au naturale, classic.  And it’s my style. 

 

I have been fighting my lack of love for color but have decided to just go on and embrace it.  I’m all about linen and natural fibers.  It only took me a good 15+ years to figure it out. 

 

What about you?  Find your style here and don’t forget to tell me, mine said:

Anything goes as long as it goes together. Blending different eras and styles with a single statement. My home has Eclectic Style.

But more like, Anything goes as long as it’s gray, cream, taupe and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment