Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Random

39 Random Things about Me!

(I wrote this post out for my bday, only 5 months ago, sheesh)

 

wolverine

 

  • I grew up in housing owned by the City of Philadelphia until I was a teenager.
  • I went to Catholic School until 8th grade and was a star student in Religion but never baptized.  Go figure.
  • I tried to go vegetarian, twice. 
  • I am a Philadelphia native.
  • I love seafood.
  • I am a Drexel Dragon even though I lived within walking distance all of Temple University most of my life.
  • If I were in college now, I would not pick the same major.
  • I used to be a cry baby, now I’m a little better. 
  • I’m usually very calm, unless it involves my kids (then I’m hot-headed Wolverine, ready for war).
  • I don’t have a favorite color.
  • I am picky, picky, picky.
  • I don’t eat eggs unless they are mixed in something (like fried rice or potatoe salad).  I also don’t eat cold cheese or cheese spreads – but pizza, parmesan and nacho cheese, yes,yes and yes.
  • I tried to teach myself to smoke (smh) fortunately somethings are not meant to be.
  • I would jump at the opportunity to move to another country for a few years. 
  • My bffs love for music rubbed off on me, it’s a great mood changer.
  • I am a straight shooter, it is both good and bad.  People say they want the truth, and now they come to expect it.  Sometimes I don’t want to give it.
  • I admire old people, wait friendly old people.
  • I love babies.
  • I used to play Pitty Pat, 500 and Scrabble daily when I was a kid.
  • tootie
  • As a kid in the Summer, I tried to mimic Tootie’s hair every.single.day cause we both loved to roller skate.
  • Most of my family is ghetto (I could tell you some stories) with big hearts.
  • Most Reality TV makes me roll my eyes in my head, cause I know real drama.
  • I TiVo about 6 TV shows and I barely get to watch them, but I subscribe to about 75 blogs and make time to read them.
  • I would prolly still have a perm if it weren’t for Kya.
  • I love quotes.
  • I’m beginning to “get” vintage and I think I like it.
  • I didn’t get my drivers license until I was 25 years old.
  • I miss public transportation so much.
  • My picky palette loves Asian and Thai, fried rice & pad thai, mmmmm.
  • I just started drinking coffee in my late 30s. 
  • I have a luv for typography (fonts).
  • I am a city girl at heart, keep the countryside and camping – no way.
  • My husband just started listening to Country music (darius rucker .aka. hootie, he loves you) and now I like some of it too, but don’t tell him.
  • I like to spell and say peoples names correctly. 
  • I prefer to give gifts.
  • The glass is definitely half full.
  • I believe repeatedly repeating information is meant for children, not adults.
  • I have finally learned to say “no” without remorse.
  • I like all things heat hot and spicy.

 

that might even be 40 :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment