Saturday, September 17, 2011

So RaNdoM!

P9171962

This week I got in a lot of trouble.  My sink was clogged (again) and draining very sloooooowly, for the second time in a year!  This never happened when I permed my hair?  What’s that about?

Anyhoo, the Hubbs pulled it apart and I got to clean out the pipes.  JOY.  Not! I thought I was doing a good of cleaning up my hair in the sink, apparently not.  Tips are welcome, please.  And trust me I spared you the pictures, dis-gust-ing.

P9171961

Earlier this week, Haik bought new phones.  A set of 3.  JOY! Not!  Let me give you the details.

A short time ago when my oldest was younger (early school age, 4-7)  I don’t remember exactly when.  He was staying over with his Grandmother,  on his trip, he took some entertainment, cause you know Grandmothers don’t have the latest DVDs.  Anyhoo, upon trying to play the DVD they found out her DVD was busted, broken, not gonna be playing the movie.  According to my mother in law, my child, got up and proceeded to put his shoes on and when she asked where he was going, he said “To get a new player”.  

That has been our mantra, broken, we replace it!  Not repair it, not make do, we replace it. 

This same child, now a teen, recently told me it was time to replace the kitchen table where we eat just fine because of the tarnished top.  Argh!  It still works just fine, it’s just a little banged up.  I’ve created a monster.

So replace it no more.  I had Haik take the phones back.  We still have ONE usable cordless phones (which nobody bothers to answer but the adults) and we have a corded one around, in case of power failure.  They will simply have to do.  It’s my new philosophy.  Make do.

So, I’m going back to basics.  Including the tresses.  I found  my favorite MopTop Maven video about layering hair product and plastered it up in the sink.  And as much as I’m jonesing to try new products, I’m gonna use what I have before I buy any more.  (((Why is this so hard!!!)))  Not to mention I read an interesting post about product/technique ratio anyway.  This will give me time to perfect the technique.

IMG_0671[1]

I found this quote in a magazine that I would like to share.  I already plastered it on my inspiration notebook.  Its reads: Kids emulate what they see, you don’t have to make a lecture, if you are living it. 

Or in street terms, Don’t talk about it, be about it! 

I’m already at it, class is in session. 

…speaking of school. You must see the documentary, Waiting for Superman.  Educational and enlightening, imho.

No comments:

Post a Comment