Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Salty & Sweet

 

IMG_0389[1]

I didn’t get around to my original craft.  After I had Kya paint these frames, I hated the color, argh!  I also couldn’t find my inspiration photo.  But I’m already in the process of working on a new plan.

But because it rained A LOT, and we were stuck indoors A LOT, and I didn’t sew A STITCH - Kya and I made some yummy salty and sweet, chocolate pretzels.

IMG_0402[1]

It’s 4 ingredients and 30 minutes easy.  If you’re interested, keep scrolling…

IMG_0392[1]

Vegetable oil is missing from this photograph. 

Also, if your picky, you might want to get milk chocolate morsels, not the semi-sweet, which I think is more like dark chocolate.  Semi-sweet is fine for cookies, but I taste a difference with the pretzels.

IMG_0393[1]

Measure a cup of chips in a microwaveable dish that is somewhat narrow so it will have some depth for dipping. 

Add 1-2 teaspoons of vegetable oil to make it smooooooth and creamy.

Have your little helper sort out the whole pretzels from the others and then dip in chocolate then sprinkles, repeat, dip in chocolate then sprinkles, repeat, dip in chocolate then sprinkles, repeat, dip in chocolate then sprinkles, repeat, dip in chocolate then sprinkles, repeat, dip in chocolate then sprinkles, repeat,dip in chocolate then sprinkles, repeat, dip in chocolate then sprinkles, repeat, dip in chocolate then sprinkles, repeat, …you get my drift, yes?

IMG_0395[1]

IMG_0396[1]

I’m obsessed with the sprinkles lately :)

We ran out of whole pretzels, so we just started dipping anything left in the bag ‘til we ran out of chocolate.

The pieces were not as pretty, but they taste just fine!

IMG_0397[1]

IMG_0402[1]

Only 3 dirty dishes was a nice bonus to spending a lil QT with my kiddo.

IMG_0400[1]

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment