Sunday, August 28, 2011

Rollercoaster day

IMG_0558[1]

Thursday, I was on PTO for the day. 

It started out terrible rainy then opened up to sunshine.  I was happy for the sun cause it made the funeral for my sweet neighbor a bit easier to swallow.

A heart-attack is to blame.  Clogged arteries on a healthy, fit man, some odd hereditary genes he had and didn’t even know it.  His best friend did such a light-hearted warm memorial, the tears were all while smiling. 

IMG_0560[1]

That night, my Kya tried some fancy flip in the kitchen and it left a woundtoo open to heal by itself.  So I prepared a bag for the ER, jackets, books, toys.  My oldest son shed a tear, and my youngest boy & sister both asked to go.  Kya chose her brother.

IMG_0561[1]

I drove on the wrong road to get her there (goofball? nerves?).  We were not waiting 15 minutes and they slid us in to Urgent Care.

IMG_0562[1]

7 stitches later :(

It took every ounce of me not to cry.  {Deep Deep Deep Deep breaths}

I was sure it would only lead to more tears from the kids so I turned my head and breathed in deeply and hugged her so tight.  

She only cried when they applied the anesthesia to the wound before the sutures.  She was so tickled about getting a treat after she made it all the way through. Brave brave girl.

The staff was really good at making such a tough experience better.

IMG_0570[1]

At the end of the day, I still wanna cry, major softie.  But then I think of how THANKFUL I am for having a car to get there, health insurance to help pay and good doctors and modern medicine to get us through.  It could have been so much worse.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment