Friday, August 12, 2011

Otis

 

jay-z-kanye-west-watch-the-throne

I’m not a huge fan of Jay-Z.  I do dig that he is self made, extremely smart and good with money.  But I wish he’d give back more and not rhyme about material things so much…I guess it’s the Mom in me.

Now, I do enjoy Kanye, sometimes, when he has something to say.  I get the vibe that he is not just a mule, he followed his dream, I dig that, a lil cocky, but I can work with him.  My favorite of his is with Adam Levine from Maroon 5, “Heard ‘Em Say”….nothings ever promised tomorrow or today.  One of my all time FAVORITES.

But I LUV their new single together, OtisAnd between the two, they have some good one liners:

Jay-Z:

‘Photo shoot fresh, Looking like wealth, I’m about to call the paparazzi on myself’

Cracks me up everytime!  Jay is good for a one-liner.

Kanye:

‘I made “Jesus Walks” I’m never going to hell’

A rap song about Jesus was daring, you must admit. 

Anyhoo, it’s in stores, I did buy the single from itunes, $1.29 baby, my Momma would say, “if the price is right, the deal is real”  Purchasing singles vs. album, best music invention EVER. 

Check it out, lemme know what you think.

Nelson out.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment