Monday, August 1, 2011

Crazy, Stupid, Love

Have you ever been to the movies alone.

How about dining alone (is that the same as dining alfresco?)

I do it frequently.  Not like weekly or even monthly, but when I get a moment to myself, need to clear my head, or a lil’ time to just do me, I most certainly will go grab a bite and hit a movie, solo.

It all started after a fight with Haikeem many, many moons ago.  We lived in Philly, and I had nothing to do and very little dinero, but needed to get.out of.the.house.  I hopped on a bus, rode until it stopped in front of movie “feeder” (per Kya) and decided, Why not? 

A love was born.

crazy stupid love

I don’t do horror films – ever.   Thrillers, could go either way, depends on the premise and if The Sleepyhead Husband will go with me. 

But Crazy Stupid Love was like a good chic lit book – romance, drama, comedy, chemistry.  It was goooood, I give it 3 outta 4 stars.   For me it got a lil slow after the jaw dropper early on, but it picked up and finished pretty good.

Here is my mental grading system:

movie system

I also found this 6 second review guy on moviefone that agrees with a lot of my sentiments.  I am luvn that I can tune him in to see if I want to spend $10 and get an answer in ummm, 6 seconds.  Yea baby, that’s time of my life I can’t get back.

So far we (me and 6 second review guy) agree on all the movies I’ve seen this Summer:

Cars 2 (no, too many concepts going on for Kya)

Transformers (no, fell asleep, graphics are good, but I lost track of who was who, and what was what, huh.  My son loved it though)

Hangover 2 (no, we walked out, that bad)

Bad Teacher (no, I chuckled a few times, but $1 Redbox would have sufficed)

Super 8 (yes, yes, yes, edge of my seat, squeezing my sons arm)

I consider myself a movie buff, ok maybe not but I enjoy the cinema (I’m so fancy) and the super greasy overpriced popcorn they serve, mmm mmm.

But if you need a really, really good date nite movie – See Crazy Stupid Love.  Definitely see it if your married with children. 

Here’s a thought, I bet there are blogs about movie reviews? But do they have a fancy rating system like mine?  NOT! 

chuckle chuckle.

Next up is The Help, comes out Friday…so hurry you still have time to read the book and catch the movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment