Monday, July 25, 2011

Atlantic City, part II

 

I dream of the day when Haik and I get separate quarters from the kids on vacation.  But for now, our budget affords one room, double beds, thank.u.very.much.

IMG_0172[1]

With a family of 5, we pack a few things for the room.  Cheerios, snacks and sammiches, this way we can swing dinner out.

IMG_0192[1]

I luv mini crunchy ice, mmmm.  The burger and shake wasn’t bad either.

IMG_0193[1]

After dinner I took the two Littles for a walk to see the town, that’s actually an indoor photo all dark. 

The baby Daddy was playing poker - we have to pick our battles, ladies.

IMG_0207[1]

Do you believe this is a camera phone photo – Steve Jobs ain’t playing!

IMG_0202[1]

IMG_0204[1]

We stayed at the Showboat, but the Taj Mahal was my favorite.  Very regal and Grande, the lights, the shapes, I should’ve taken more pictures, it was the bomb.com.  It gave the illusion of the REAL Taj Mahal.

IMG_0210[1]

IMG_0211[1]

IMG_0214[1]

Caesar’s was pretty grandiose too.

IMG_0229[1]

Super cheeeeesing – so worth it.

IMG_0240[1]

I couldn’t find the name on this one, but I thought it looked fancy.

IMG_0241[1]

IMG_0243[1]

The boardwalk ensured that I got some good exercise in. 

IMG_0245[1]

IMG_0259[1]

IMG_0272[1]

$12 per pound.

My favorite Boardwalk treat.

Not the Fries (they might be a close 2nd).

Or Pizza.

Or Saltwater Taffy.

Or Candy bars and cookies deep-fried…

IMG_0247[1]

Give me an old fashion Funnel Cake, yummm

IMG_0249[1]

without the Reese’s

IMG_0250[1]

Or Snicker…We 3 shared one and it was perfect.

I asked them both if we should save some of our funnel cake for Kadir and they both said, Yes.  So sweet, it made me smile, and I made sure to tell Kadir who isn’t always as sweet and kind as his siblings.

IMG_0275[1]

I loved his t-shirt.

IMG_0253[2]

The beach will even tire out your mouthy, tall, always hungry teenager.

IMG_0143[1]

Repeat after me.  I will not let another 5-10 years go by again without putting my toes in the sand, it’s 2hrs away and worth it.

Trust me.  If you’re that close, take a day and go enjoy the beauty God gave us, it’s Free.

I hope you enjoyed your our visit to Atlantic City.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment