Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fighting 40

 

Yesterday morning, I walked to my local Wawa.

P5071469

This is a local vineyard behind my housing community. I actually walked there on Friday night (It’s Mother’s Day weekend, I deserved it).

P5071472

P5071473

Downhill was easy. Coming home, not so much.

P5071474

See the babies, 3 just like me.

P5071476

Gas prices #@$*!

I found out later, the walk is 2 miles – one way.  My calves still hurt.

P5071479

P5071478

There were 2 sets of ducks.  When I told my sister I was taking my camera, she laughed.  I have always loved to take pictures.  And I have a gazillion photos to prove it.  I used to scrapbook too. 

P5071480

And this is why walking ‘round here stinks, no sidewalks.  The wind off the trucks can knock you down.

But I’m fighting 40. Let me be clear, I don’t mind turning 40, I just want to be fit.  So, my goal is to shed 10 pounds and to find an exercise regime that I actually like, is close to free and doesn’t require me to drive to get to it.  Is that too much to ask?

1 comment:

  1. Lol..I hear ya!. I've been walking and running for about a month now, I have weights I put on my wrist/arms that really helps in toning...it's all be great!. Not, to mention the weather and scenery has been a joy.

    Keep on keeping on...you'll find something. Until then keep taking those beautiful pictures :)

    Take care,

    zainab1

    ReplyDelete