Monday, November 1, 2010

Reading

a teacher says to his 6th grade students.

stack-of-books “…You have to study and learn so that you can make up your own mind about history and everything else but you can’t make up an empty mind.  Stock your mind, stock your mind.  It is your house of treasure and no one in the world can interfere with it.  If you won the Irish Sweepstakes and bought a house that needed furniture would you fill it with bits and pieces of rubbish? Your mind is your house and if you fill it with rubbish from the cinemas it will rot in your head.  You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace.”

Angela’s Ashes, Frank McCourt  (image)

These words on page 208 leapt out the page to me, I earmarked it and I will probably frame them for my home.

My Dad would always say (over and over again) that an education is something that can NEVER be taken away from you. 

I encourage you to stock your mind.  A luv of reading is a treasure, it’s like a movie in your head at your pace.

Thanks for stopping by, come back soon now, ya hear.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!..love it...love it. I am a huge advocate for education and take it quite seriously when it comes to my childrens education. In fact I have two bookshelves in my home filled with books. One downstairs filled with boks of my liking. And one upstairs in my girls room filled with childrens books. Reading is the very first subject we begin with every single school day. Thanks for sharing this great message. I think its a very important message that can help many people adults and chilren alike. Take care.

    zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete