Sunday, October 10, 2010

Would you Bee Mine?

A few weeks ago, MopTop Maven did a video on Bee Mine Curly Butter.  But typical me, I was more interested in the whole layering process.

I was left wondering if it was too much product: water based leave-in, followed by oil, then the butter product.  Huh?!  too heavy too much for sure….

So, I tried it on clean, dry hair. 

garnier leave inI wasn’t sure about my relationship with Giovanni, so I scored some Garnier Fructis Leave-In.

I then layered with Argan Oil from Sallys.   I bought a small bottle just in case I hated it, I so didn’t.  It only lasted one week between me and my daughter but I prolly won’t buy it again, pricey.

Let’s stop here for a sec, my hair was so soft.  So soft, I went and got the coconut oil because I was trying to figure out the catalyst to this new softness, was it Garnier? or the argan oil?  What in this new regimen was givin my hair the luvn feeln?  It was the layering because the coconut oil gave the same effect!!! 

argan

I followed the oil with a lil Moe’s Magic for the twists.  Divine.

It was sometime in the next week I purchased Bee Mine’s Hair Milk.  I used this the next time I twisted my hair and it was not as soft in the layering process.  But I continued to use it, I just wasn’t sure if it topped out good ol’ $4 dollar Garnier.

Until tonight.  Last Sunday I twisted my hair, I’ve been wearing them pinned in two bigg twists (like my HS Reunion pic).  One day this week, I squirted some Aloe Vera Juice and Glycerin all over.  Yes, only ONE day, I’m a lazy natural.

PA030671 <---- this is a pic from last Sunday, I was trying to get a picture off all the gray! ugh.  But you can hardly see them here, in real life, they are taking over!

My regimen has been to wear the protective style for a week and then the twist out for the next.  So tonight I wanted to put a heavier moisturizer on to get through the next week.  I rubbed a lil’ on my hands and over the twists – and they were still soft before and even softer after.  So soft that some of them, in the back, the tighter coils, yes, the legendary kitchen, were unraveling!  The hair was so soft it could barely stay twisted I can’t believe it myself, smooth, soft, gentle, luvly.  I untwisted it just to take a look and run my fingers through it.  Disbelief, gasp, yes, softness!!  I have never felt the hair on the nape of my neck feel this smooth with no coarseness.  And in hindsight, I’ve been having a helluva time keeping them pinned up.

P7240292

my kinks, coils, curls in all their natural glory

So, if you do nothing else.  Try this layering process.  I’m not urging you or encouraging you to buy a thing, in fact I think you should try what you have on hand.  Alls I can say is it’s working for me.  I wish you the same success. Layer, Layer, Layer.

Image Image

P.S. For serious, how many times did I say soft? 89? or maybe smooth, 62? sheesh, I need to get up on my vocab.

3 comments:

  1. Wait! ..can I first tell you your fro is.....fab-u-lous! seriously. You know I loooove me some big hair, and it looks great on you.

    Now, I loooove the layering process I've been doing it for quite some time now, and it doesn't seem to be much for my hair. Great post! , thanks for sharing it with us. Take care,

    zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be the most random question, but have you ever had bees attack your head? Bees flock to my daughters head and I can't figure out which product it's from. We use the Garnier Leave in, Carol's daughter Milk, Aveda Beautifing oil. And Aveda confixor. Any help as to what you think it might be from would be a great help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @zainab1 - u are just too sweet.
    @annieglan - I left u a comment on ur blog. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete