Tuesday, October 19, 2010

NYC for the day

IMG00028

Yesterday I got up at the crack of dawn and headed to NYC for the Wendy Williams show.

#1 I don’t watch. I just wanted a day in NY no kidds, no worries, jus hanging out.

We were there pretty early - 7:40ish got good placement in line but they put us waaaaaaay up top. 

#2 I was irked.

It was definitely interesting to watch everything that goes into putting on a LIVE TV show.  The makeup, the host, the guests, I will say I enjoyed it. (Oh, the love affair with the thai stone, is so OVER!) 

#3 I think we failed “the look” test.  Boooo!!! 

I was wearing jeans, cute shoes and a navy military style jacket.  My natural hair (in twist) was just tied back with a plain headband.  One of my friends was natural and the other a professional but similar dress style – casual - cute.  But I will admit we were not NY fabulous and perhaps we could have “put it on” a bit more. Well Wendy you’re no Oprah, but point taken.

You live and learn.  Not sure I would go back for Wendy, but I did have a good great time visiting! We had lunch, cocktails, sightseeing, a girls day out!

Here was one of my favorite things at the show:

IMG00023 

LYBO (laughing your behind off) ;)

2 comments:

  1. That is cool! And well deserved i'm sure. It is so nice to hear you had a great time. Thanks for sharing this with us. Take care.

    zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You saw Wendy?! She is my "friend in my head" lol I envy you.

    I probably would've failed test, too. I don't wear make-up or heels and I have fabulously nappy hair. I would've been waaaaaaay in the back!

    ReplyDelete