Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Tiffany Tip!

I just had a breakthrough, well nothing to fix the BP oil leak, more like, ‘this could possibly save you a few pennies’ breakthrough.

The situation:

When I take out Kya’s braided hairstyles, I have to apply something to the ends to keep the experience positive and to also be gentle on the ends, since that is where most naturals lose their length.

In the past, I’ve used my normal moisturizing spritz

Well, tonight in my PURGE PURGE PURGE mode, I had a lightbulb.  Why not use stuff I’m not too fond of, since I’m about to wash her hair anyhow?

The solution:

A style remover for Tender Tresses!

tender tresses

 

Two thumbs up or what? 

Here’s the stuff I used to make mine:

image 

 

40% Infusium 23 – leave in conditioner (too watery)

+ 10% Wild Growth Hair Oil (smells medicinal, ew)

+ 50% tap water

_________________________________

100% Perfection!

 

 

 

How can you go wrong when you are using goods that would otherwise be trashed or go to waste?

I hope you can use this, you’d swear I just invented sliced bread.  So proud.

2 comments:

  1. LOL...Sounds great, Thanks for sharing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffany! I'm so glad you bought that pattern! I LOVE it and there are so many different things you can do to make it look different. You'll have to let me know how it goes and let me know if you have any questions. As for your tip, I'll have to try it on Mia's hair! Hers gets so tangly. I was a swimmer in high school and college and used Infusium a lot to keep my hair from getting damaged.

    ReplyDelete