Monday, July 26, 2010

Style Curly Hair in 4 easy steps

This post is about a quick and easy hairstyle for those with Curly Hair. 

I’m participating in Hair Week with Cheri at I am Momma Hear Me Roar!   Cheri is a funny Mom who blogs about crafts, sewing and all kinds of stuff.    Her blog is a great resource for inexpensive decorating tips, cute stuff for kids and gift ideas.

Ok, onto this style:

right side cut off

Step One:

Begin with clean (shampooed and conditioned) WET hair.

Step Two:

Apply a leave-in conditioner throughout. (I prefer creamy based like Giovanni brand at Target)

clip_image002

Step 3.

Apply your favorite styling product.

I use gentle gels that won’t make my hair hard & crunchy. A popular brand is Kinky-Curly but it can be expensive.  A styling mousse would work too.  Eh, just use what you like, I’m currently using Ecostyler brand gel from my local Beauty supply store.

When applying I grab about a tablespoonful and finger comb it thru my hair in sections. This helps ‘clump’ my hairs together.

clip_image004

Step Four

After all the gel is in, I shake my hair around (warning: it does splitter splatter on the mirror) but it helps with volume.

This is what it looks like gel combed throughout (sometimes I use a Denman brush)

 P7240312-1

(I tried taking a serious pic, it just came out like a mugshot, so you gots to deal with the cheeeese grin).

Now after a quick run to Target, come home and take a picture, (well 18 pics until you get one you kinda sorta like, then chop off 20%.)

  P7240346right side cut off

Thanks for asking me to participate in Hairweek Cheri. 

FYI - It took me about 3 months to find a good rhythm and product mix with my hair but I luv it.

Here is a great place for a Curly to begin for more info on tips, products, different curl textures, etc - curlmart.com

6 comments:

  1. very nice...thanks for sharing this. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for doing this Tiffany! I love your curls and I appreciate your help. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair! Super funky and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! I am glad you were part of Hair Week. We are adopting a daughter with kinky curls and I was so intimidated by it. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips! As a extremely straight-haired momma of 2 curly-haired little girls, any help is always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled upon your blog, LOVE IT! I too have curly hair and for years relaxed it. I still flat iron it at times but I have come to embrace it and love it now, especially in the summer. I'll be following you

    ReplyDelete