Wednesday, July 14, 2010

House into a Home – Project #2 and lazy hair?

clip_image002

I frequent hair, craft and home blogs. Correction: I stalk hair, craft and home blogs.

I saw here (and here) some people are using drop cloths for curtains – Yes!, the Home Depot, protect your valuables from paint kind.

clip_image003

The are linen-like, neutral colored and they are only $10! (They had me at $10.) And God is my witness, one pack I bought was a BOGO (buy one get one free). So, $30 bucks for 4 windows. Score!

I cut, ironed and hung them. But eh, I never really luvd them and it’s been 3 months.

So, I’m in Joann fabrics, armed with my coupon and the blazing 4th of July sale going on.  I looked and looked at stuff like this to jazz ‘em up, you know.

clip_image005

Maybe add it to the top? down the sides? at the bottom? Alas, I came home with nothing.

Then, last week, I saw this & this (images below).

bedskirts

Inspiration struck.

Go Bigger!

Go Bolder!

Think Simpler!

So when I hit the mall, I went to Michael’s for a return, I noticed it was 50% off on ribbon, say what!  So I bought 2 rolls of this.

clip_image007

WINNER WINNER!

My drop cloths curtains before and after.

clip_image009

And all it took was $4 and a glue gun.

They are a lil short, one day I’ll fix that but for now, me likey. Are you getting inspired?  I hope so.

And hey, don’t fret about bigg money – who knows if it shall ever come? Use this quote if you get lazy or have 1.8 gazillion excuses (like me):

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have. - Theodore Roosevelt

And then, I’m on to the next.

P.S. Here’s day#3 hair, I think it looks even better in person..it’s perfect for this humidity and rain we’ve been having here in PA.

clip_image011

No comments:

Post a Comment