Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Let’s talk butters

In an older post, I talked about how I remixed my AfroVeda Shea-Amla Whipped Butter Cream. Remember, it looks like this:

clip_image002

This is too light for my daughter’s hair. Her hair is dry and likes lots of oil & butters.

Here is what I have been using for her hair lately, chunky buttah.

clip_image004

clip_image006

It’s thick and heavy. It’s very moisturizing for her hair but it does not keep the frizz away. By Day 4 in her braids, I’m irked by the fuzzies.

So Sunday, I decided to try a lil’ of Moe’s Magic.

clip_image008

I took a lil bit of the Thick and Chunky Buttah and squeezed in some Aloe Vera until I liked the consistency. I whisked it around working the AVG in with a fork. I sure did.

And looky looky:

clip_image010

Moe’s trick must be to cream the butter and oils first, and the aloe last. Chunky Buttah no more. It is very light and feels less greasy. So different from the Shea-Amla mix.

clip_image012

Even though I started with a heavy mix of Only God Knows What, adding the aloe at the end made a huge difference. The texture reminds me of Bee Mine.

I will check back on Monday and report if it keeps away the frizz.  If it’s the same (or better), I will do this to the rest of the chunky buttah I have left. It’s feels so gentle on your hands. 

So there you have it, 3 different butters.

P.S. I apologize that there are no measurements, I have a crap load of the chunky butter to get thru. When I start a new batch, I will measure and give the step by step folks. Promise.

1 comment:

  1. This buttah looks great. I got the 99% aloe. It has dimethicone so I wonder if my hair will react differently. I been meaning to do my mix. I may have to get to it this week. Can't wait to see if this batch was good.

    ReplyDelete