Wednesday, April 28, 2010

We almost missed the school bus!

'cause I was upstairs trying to get photos of this:


What is it you might ask? 

Well, my homegrown spritz that I talked about waay back here turned CoCoNuTTy HaiR MILK! 

In my last batch I'd used some coconut oil and a lil' too much fragrance.  So when it was half gone, I added some water, aloe juice and oil to muff the mangoey smell.  But there was still some space left, so I added more coconut oil and more coconut oil (not melted) in its original state, which looks like this:



And today, I was trying to soften the crunchies (remember from yesterday) so I was spritzin my 'fro and noticed the spray was not coming out generously and the little nozzle had white drippies.  So I opened it and saw this thick substance in there.  

I poured some out and almost jumped for joy.  I rubbed some through my hair...on my edges & put a lil' on my face (not too greasy at all). I am pleased as punch 'cause this will be perfect when I want to moisten dry hair for twists, braids, basicly any styling and I can put a butter or gel over it. LUUUV!


I threw a flower in today for it is Spring!

If you want to buy some, I bought Journey Hair Milk from SNBE and I remembered seeing it at these places too: BeeMine, Carols Daughter, Afroveda; I'm pretty sure all these vendors have butters inside theirs.  But for now I have my own mix, it's S&H Free and baby, that's alright with me.

When I try to duplicate this, I will jot down measurements to share, in case anyone is interested and needs specifics.

Deuces Ladies!


2 comments:

  1. My SIL loves this thick natural coconut mixture for her curly hair. I'm sure she'd love a homemade version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to look into this. I love coconut and may do something with it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete