Thursday, April 22, 2010

Today is Earth Day

image coutesy of preservationinpink.com

Today marks the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day.

So, for a second I had to stop and think about how I contribute to saving the Earth.  Here are few little things I do:
  • I started purchasing the fancy lightbulbs.  They are at the Dollar Store now.
  • I recycle
  • I’m planning to try homemade dish soap & homemade laundry soap (soon as what I have runs out). I priced the Borax over the weekend and it's about $4 a box. 
  • I bought foam soap pumps for the bathrooms. You can refill them using liquid soap, the foam uses about 15% soap and 85% water.  You do have to bite the bullet and buy the pump dispenser ($2.50 at Target).  I didn't measure when I refilled mine, but this blog has good photos and instructions. 
I read this quote once: “The more you know, the less you need.” Ain’t that the truth. 

What tip do you have that helps you to consume/use/buy less?  Please share.


image of courtesy of bohemianights.org/blog


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment