Monday, April 19, 2010

Kindle, Schmindle…




images courtesy of barnesandnoble.com, amazon.com and apple.com


Kindle, Nook, iPad have you heard of these? I heard it was the HOT Holiday gift for 2009. All of these devices allow you to read books, magazines, etc on a screen.  I still don’t understand why you can’t just buy the dang book, these puppies start at $250 – say what!  (okay, okay they are probably a lot easier to carry)

Well today, Amazon sent me a link today to download FREE software to read books on my PC. I did the download just in case a book I want gives a courtesy chapter for free or something in the near future. I thought I’d share the link just in case anyone else is interested.

For now, I'm still getting my books at the library (FREE), thrift store (.50 or .75) and good old Barnes and Noble...with a coupon of course. 

Today a Reader, Tomorrow a Leader.

1 comment:

  1. Call me old fashioned, but I just love a good book. I love the cover art, the feeling of the pages...all of it.

    And don't get me started on a fat juicy magazine! I have a whole weird method of reading them and it just wouldn't be the same on a Kindle.

    ReplyDelete