Friday, April 16, 2010

Creamy Cleaner on a dime



image courtesy of curls.biz

What I'm making this weekend - Creamy Cleansing Cream

The Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream, retails at $15 for 8 oz (not including s&h).  I'm gonna give this copycat a try (thank you Newly Natural) - I have all 3 products here at home, won't cost me a dime.

But...say you have to run out and buy everything, YES you'd spend $15 but you'd have enough soap to mix up shampoo another 4x. (Fact Castile soap is versatile and has many uses.  To learn more, go here or here, so if it doesn't work for you, use it to do laundry, take showers or wipe down the counters.)  Can we move on?

Creamy Cleansing Cream - SLS free Shampoo
4 tbsp Castile Soap (Dr. Bronners is ez to find, they have this at my local Tarjay, $8)

Roughly 15 oz  - Inexpensive, co-wash type conditioner (VO5, Suave, etc, $2)
1 tbsp Olive Oil ($3)

If you're not good eyeballing it with these measurements, hit the Dollar Store for a measuring cups/spoon set ($1).  And guess what?  You are still under $15, use the change to get yourself something pretty. HA!

I will report back my findings. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Tiffany

    I had also found this great recipe a little while ago. I made it, and I loooove it, the results leaves my hair clean, smooth and super soft. I have also made this very same recipe using homemade blacksoap shampoo
    and let me say.....Awesome!!!
    Hope you like your results, Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete