Friday, April 9, 2010

{Afroveda.com}

Sometime last Summer, after watching youtuber CoilsKinksCurls, I made a purchase from AfroVeda.

 I purchased the PUR Whipped Hair Gelly (8 oz, $12.50) and the Shea-Amla Whipped Butter Cream (8 oz, $12.50).


images courtesy of Afroveda.com
The Gelly has a subtle vanilla scent. I luvd the gentle hold, sheen and sleekness it added to my tresses.

The Shea-Amla, I just couldn’t get into the smell, the scent is Frankincense and Myrrh.  I found myself not using it :(

Well, it’s been over 6 months and The PurWhipped Hair Gelly is GONE, all used up (BUY IT, U GOTTA TRY IT).  But I still had 90% of the Shea-Amla. Shoot, I was NOT about to throw it away,  not all that shea butta luvn.


[Enter Kitchen-technician]…I added about 4oz of Aloe Vera Gel, FOTE brand is alcohol free (I found it at Walmart with the lotion and sunscreen stuff).  I also added a few drops of spearmint oil. Blend. Blend. Blend it all together. I used my handmixer, it's a good 10 years old.





I used my Shea-Amla-Spear-Aloe for my last set of twists.  The Spearmint and Aloe muted the frankicensey smell and I really, REALLY like the consistency and the way it left my hair. Sorry no pic of current twists, but trust me, its shiny, soft and so gosh darn smooooooooooooth! Luvn it!




But as for the product, BOOTLEG IT. I like my kitchen blend better, but this is solely based on scent.  I just couldn't get past it.

One more thing: On 3/22 I placed a *NEW* order for the 16oz size of the Gelly and I wanted to try the carrot poo bar.  It was mailed on 3/31. 9 days to get in the mail, is that normal, average, satisfactory? I’m not sure I dig that, I personally think mail orders should be shipped in 7 days or LESS.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this post and sharing your results, with these two products. I've been wanting to try both of these products, and your review has helped in my decision. I think I will try them both. As far as the days to get into the mail after placing your order. I' ve heard other youtubers mention it does take quite a while to recieve your product. Thats a down side. Sooo wish me luck(smiles) Take care.

    ReplyDelete